Dr Mohammad Nyme Uddin joined as an Assistant Professor at the Department of Civil Engineering, International University of Business Agriculture and Technology (IUBAT), Dhaka, Bangladesh in June 2022. Dr Nyme received his B.Sc. in Civil Engineering degree from the Chittagong University of Engineering & Technology (CUET), Bangladesh in 2012. He has finished his Master’s degree (by research in Green Construction Materials) with First Class & Distinction from the Pondicherry University in India with the prestigious South Asia Foundation fellowship in 2015. Dr Nyme has completed his Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) degree from the Hong Kong Polytechnic University (QS World Rank 66), with the UGC (Hong Kong)-funded full-time research scholarship in 2022.
Before joining the IUBAT, Dr Nyme worked as a teaching assistant, and senior lecturer position at several tertiary institutes at home and abroad. He also worked as a project engineer under the University Grants Commission (UGC) of Bangladesh with the support of the World Bank. As a professional and teaching development program, he has also completed several faculty training programs in Bangladesh, Hong Kong and the University of Nottingham (Malaysia Campus).
Besides the wide-ranging educational and professional experiences Dr Nyme has also numerous publication records in reputed international journals and conferences. In addition, Dr Nyme has an affiliation with the American Society of Civil Engineers (ASCE, USA), Association of Researchers in Construction Management (ARCOM, UK), Hong Kong Green Building Council, Hong Kong Construction Industry Council, Institution of Engineers, Bangladesh (IEB) etc. Dr Nyme's research area involves digital construction, building performance simulation, building automation, smart building system, green building materials, energy-efficient building system, construction sustainability, agent-based modeling (ABM), system dynamics modeling (SDM) and building information modeling (BIM).
PhD in Construction Informatics (Hong Kong Polytechnic University, Hong Kong)
MSc in Green Building Materials (Pondicherry University, India)
BSc in Civil Engineering (CUET, Bangladesh)
CEN 213 Civil Engineering Materials
CEN 214 Civil Engineering Materials Lab
CEN 451 Project Evaluation Planning and Management
- UGC-funded Full-Time Research Postgraduate Scholarship (For PhD Program) under the auspice of the Department of Building and Real Estate, The Hong Kong Polytechnic University, Hong Kong.
- South Asia Foundation (https://www.southasiafoundation.org/) Fellowship for Post Graduate program at Pondicherry University in India in 2013-2015. South Asia Foundation (SAF) is an apex body of SAARC (https://www.saarc-sec.org/index.php/about-saarc/saarc-apex-bodies).
- Attended 5-day Workshop on “IT Support for Research Workshop: Basic Python”, from 18 January-22 February 2022, Organized by Information Technology Services Office, The Hong Kong Polytechnic University.
- Attended 5-day Workshop on “IT Support for Research Workshop: Data Analysis with R”, from 2-30 March 2022, Organized by Information Technology Services Office, The Hong Kong Polytechnic University.
- Participated in the Webinar on 'Energy Efficiency in the Built Environment' on 22 March 2022, organized by German Industry and Commerce Ltd. (GIC/AHK), Hong Kong.
- Participated in the “BIM Education Symposium 2022” on 25 January 2022, organized by the Construction Industry Council (CIC), Hong Kong.
- Participated in the training classes entitled “Digital Twin Supported by Sensing and Data Analytics Technologies for Built Environment” on 26 January 2022, organized by the Hong Kong Alliance of Built Asset & Environment Information Management Associations (HKABAEIMA).
- Participated in the International Conference on Advancing Net Zero from 23-26 November 2021, organized by the Hong Kong Green Building Council (HKGBC).
- Participated in the RI-IWEAR Research Seminar I: Smart Sensing Technologies on 24 Nov 2021, organized byResearch Institute for Intelligent Wearable Systems, The Hong Kong Polytechnic University.
- Participated in the Webinar on Common Data Environment Solutions in the HK Construction Industry, 27th August 2021, organized by the Construction Industry Council, Hong Kong.
- Participated in the Advancing Net Zero Webinar Series - 7th Session (7 Jun 2021), organized by the Hong Kong Green Building Council (HKGBC).
- Participated in the CITAC i-Club Seminar on Smart Construction - IoT Integration in Modern Construction, 5th December 2019, Organized by Construction Innovation and Technology Application Centre, Hong Kong.