- 156 Credit Hours
- 6 Credit Hours of Thesis
- 6 Credit Hours of Practicum
- 12 Semesters Over 4 Years
Student Support Services
- Student advising and counselling
- Course wise consultation hours
- TA support
- Hands on practice in labs and fields
- Career development training
- Workshops and seminars
Extra Curricular Activities
- Physical and recreational facilities
- Indoor and outdoor sports.
- Students Society .
- Students engagement in various festivals and competitions.
Counselling & Guidance
- The facilities of counseling and guidance are available to students under the leadership of qualified Clinical psychologist.
- This service is provided under the Counseling and Guidance Centre of IUBAT.
Alumni and Placement Services
- Alumni and graduates assistance regarding career planning and employment.
- Assistance in placement to students in their final semester for practicum work in real life organizations
- Assistance in placement to graduate students in securing career employment.
- Provide multidisciplinary professional consultancy to various categories of clients including public and private sectors.
- Provide multidisciplinary and market oriented professional training to individual and professional groups of various organizations
WHY CIVIL ENGINEERING AT IUBAT
The Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering (BSCE) program under the Department of Civil Engineering started its journey in the year of 1995. This is the first IEB accredited department of IUBAT. The aim of the program is to produce professional civil engineering graduates equipped with knowledge, skills, necessary tools and techniques to meet the challenges of the civil engineering job requirements. The Department is enriched with all full time highly qualified faculty members. Furthermore, non departmental faculties are giving support to the department for general subjects as well as some of the departmental subjects.The curriculum is designed to give the students general education background, foundation courses, exposure to other areas of engineering and concentration in civil engineering. The first year courses are designed to develop the student’s language, mathematical and reasoning abilities. The second year covers background courses of engineering and courses required to develop the knowledge about the need of the society and utilize these to fix personal goals. The third and fourth year courses are designed to expose students to different branches of engineering and concentrate on civil engineering.
STRENGHTS OF THE DEPARTMENT
(i) A well designed and rich curriculum
(ii) Strict monitoring of holding 100% of the classes as per class schedule
(iii) Highly qualified teachers
(iv) English is the only medium of communication
(v) Emphasis on Dress and Behavioral Code for grooming and encouraging students acquire skill of presentations
(vi)Well equipped laboratories
(vii) Continuous training for the faculty and staff
(viii) Use of advanced teaching methods utilizing multi-media facilities and power point presentation in every class
(ix) Real time internet connectivity facilities in class rooms along wing campus wide Wi-Fi facilities
(x) Presence of international faculty in the campus
(xi) Holding seminars and symposiums on regular basis which the students find interesting to attend
(xii) Use of moodle learning systems
Duration of Study
The minimum requirement for BSCE degree is completion of 156 credit hours plus such courses as recommended by the college after reviewing individual background. A semester is of 16 weeks duration, there are three semesters in a year and duration of the program is four years.
Career & Placement Services
The Placement office of the university provides the students and graduates assistance regarding career planning and employment. This basically takes two forms viz. assistance in placement to students in their final semester for practicum work in real life organizations and assistance in placement to graduate students in securing career employment. Student placement takes the form of providing assistance to students in short listed organizations that may be available for practicum work, providing support for placement of practicum and then ensuring smooth attachment of the student in the organization for successful completion of the practicum work.
Assistance in career placement takes various forms of services ranging from on campus interviewing with the employers to resume referral to employers seeking graduates for employment. Most services are available for current students, but seniors or graduates can also register with this office prior to their graduation for assistance in career placement. The university offers a course on career planning and guidance in which the students are trained in resume writing and critiquing, job search techniques and interviewing skills. This course prepares the student to plan and approach career exploration. Besides, the placement office provides individualized counseling on a limited basis on preparing job applications.